Occasionally wigs, hairpieces and hair extensions may start looking old, tired and even become a problem being manageable. This professional bleach bath will help restore hair by creating a high pH which causes the cuticles to flatten and become smooth.
Step by step professional detangling procedure:
1. Mix one gallon very hot water (it is important to use the hottest water from the tap) with 1/4 cup of Clorox bleach. Use plain Clorox bleach and not the scented one.
2. Completely submerge the hair into the water for approximately 2 or 3 minutes. Do not leave longer than 3 minutes. Small bubbles may appear during the process. Comb or brush very gently when submerged.
3. Remove hair and submerge in a basin of lukewarm water that has been premixed with a small amount of shampoo. Gently lift in and out for about 3 minutes. Brush or comb hair gently when submerged.
4. Remove and blot/squeeze dry with clean towel. Do not rub hair together.
5. Mix 1/4 cup of ammonia to 3 cups of warm water. Dip hair unit in and out twice.
6. Repeat step 3.
6. Apply conditioner, rinse and style.
Hair will be smooth, tangle free and look like new!
It is advisable to wear gloves and eye protection during the bleach bath. Do not mix bleach and ammonia together. These are off-scalp instructions and not to be followed while wearing your hairpiece or extensions.